Honored Guest Morning is this Friday! No need to RSVP... just have your special guest show up at 8:45am (or a little before, for those who don't walk as fast as they used to!). If you haven't yet reserved a time slot for Parent-Teacher Conferences, please read the details below. Make it a great week, everyone!
- Nov 08 - Honored Guest Morning (8:45-10:45am) (info here)
- Nov 11 - No School (Veterans Day)
- Nov 22 - Harvest Party! (2:10-2:50pm)
- Nov 25,26 - No School (Parent-Teacher Conferences)
- Nov 27-29 - No School (Thanksgiving Break)
- Dec 05 - Chorale Concert (6pm, Washington Square Mall)
- Dec 06 - Wear West Hills Day! Show School Spirit!
- Dec 13 - Christmas Concert (7-8:30pm)
- Dec 17 - Christmas Band Concert (7-8:30pm)
- Dec 19 - Christmas Party! (2:10-2:50pm)
- Dec 20-Jan 03 - No School (Christmas Break)
- [more] - click to view calendar
Curriculum and Exams
- Bible - Lesson 3: Jacob Is Transformed | Quiz 11/7: Lesson 3 & Ephesians 4:24 (link)
- Math - Chapter 1 (cont.)
- Science - Space Unit (cont.) | Due 11/14: Space Project (details below)
- Social Studies [Mrs. Proulx] - Mesopotamia Unit (cont.)
- Reading - Complete sample book report after reading Pigsty | Due 11/18: Finish reading realistic/historical fiction for book report
- Writing - Dress-Ups in Booklice paragraph (cont.)
- Spelling - Unit 7 core words: color, war, fly, yourself, seem | Tests given weekly
- Grammar - Begin Adjectives Unit
- Music [Mrs. Brumley] - No updates
Space ProjectThe Fifth Graders are designing and constructing models of space projects to present in Science Lab on November 14, 2013. The projects are to be made at home using materials found in the home. Please do not go out and spend money on this project. Legos and similar toys can be used as part of the project if the design is original. No pre-made projects please. The projects should be small enough to fit on the top of a desk. Ideas may include but are not limited to:
- Design and build a model of a space station. Be sure to include information about the inside if not shown.
- Invent or improve on a device to help astronauts eat or drink in space.
- Design a space suit for a person or a pet.
- Build a model of a biosphere on the moon. Show the inside.
- Design a space shuttle to take the general public to the moon.
- Design a model of a robot or a Rover that can be used to collect samples and information on a planet or the moon.
- Create a tool that could be used in space.
- Design a store for a space colony.
- Design a sport to play in space or modify an earth sport to play in space.
- Design a biosphere that people could live in while on the moon.
Please e-mail any questions you might have about the project. Thank you for your help.
Susan Swain & Mr. Riedl
Person of the WeekJacob Leonetti!
Other School-wide EventsVisit the News & Events page to learn more about other school-wide events at West Hills Christian School. Please subscribe to stay updated. Thanks so much!
Teacher ContactMr. Riedl | www.riedlteach.com | 503-609-0109 | email@example.com
Mrs. Proulx | visit her website | 503-977-5488 | firstname.lastname@example.org