I hope everyone had a wonderful 4-day weekend and enjoyed the sunshine! Just so you know, I did not send out missing work lists this week due to the Professional Development, so I will pick up where I left off this Thursday. Speaking of the Professional Development, the teachers and staff had a great time learning more about MAP and how we can best use it to help our students. I look forward to implement some strategies and skills I discovered. Make it a great week, everyone!
- Oct 22 - Crusader Chorale T-Shirt Day & After School Rehearsal (3:10-4:10pm)
- Oct 30 - Progress Reports emailed
Nov 01- Picture Retakes rescheduled to 10/28
- Nov 08 - Honored Guest Morning (8:30-11am)
- Nov 11 - No School (Veterans Day)
- Nov 22 - Harvest Party! (2:10-2:50pm)
- Nov 25,26 - No School (Parent/Teacher Conferences)
- Nov 27-29 - No School (Thanksgiving Break)
- [more] - click to view calendar
Curriculum and Exams
- Bible - Finish Lesson 2: Abraham Trusts and Obeys | Quiz Friday: Unit 2 & Hebrews 11:17 (link)
- Math - Begin Chapter 1
- Science - Begin Space Unit
- Social Studies [Mrs. Proulx] - Finish Geography Unit | Due Thursday: Island Project Final draft & Begin Presentations
- Reading - Finish character/setting skill in the story of Davy Crockett Saves the World
- Writing - Introduce Dress-Ups in Booklice paragraph
- Spelling - Unit 5 core words: correct, bed, measure, straight, base | Tests given weekly
- Grammar - Prepositions Unit (cont.) | Quiz Friday: Prepositions (P-Z)
- Music [Mrs. Brumley] - Quiz Thursday: Lyrics
Measures of Academic Progress (MAP)Fall MAP continues on Tuesday. To ensure results that accurately reflect student knowledge, it is important that each student has plenty of rest, has a good breakfast, and does not have interruptions (i.e., doctor appointments) scheduled during the time of their tests. Let me know if you have any questions about the following schedule for our class:
Thursday, October 10th, 8:30-9:30am Wednesday, October 16th, 2:00-3:00pm
- Tuesday, October 22nd, 1:00-2:00pm
Lunch Detention reminderFor those students in my class who do not complete at least 3 assignments on time for the week, they will be given a lunch detention the following Monday. This will give them an opportunity to reflect on how to improve their responsibility and catch up on missing work.
Person of the WeekNoelle Schaaf!
Other School-wide EventsVisit the News & Events page to learn more about other school-wide events at West Hills Christian School. Please subscribe to stay updated. Thanks so much!
Teacher ContactMr. Riedl | www.riedlteach.com | 503-609-0109 | email@example.com
Mrs. Proulx | visit her website | 503-977-5488 | firstname.lastname@example.org