This is a 3-day week! Please remember that there is no school on Thursday and Friday due to Professional Development Days. Please look at the curriculum and exams schedule (below) carefully, as I am including tests for this week as well as next week.
- Oct 17,18 - No School (Professional Development Days)
- Oct 22 - Crusader Chorale T-Shirt Day & After School Rehearsal (3:10-4:10pm)
- Oct 30 - Progress Reports emailed
- Nov 01 - Picture Retakes
- Nov 08 - Honored Guest Morning (8:30-11am)
- Nov 11 - No School (Veterans Day)
- Nov 22 - Harvest Party! (2:10-2:50pm)
- Nov 25,26 - No School (Parent/Teacher Conferences)
- Nov 27-29 - No School (Thanksgiving Break)
- [more] - click to view calendar
Curriculum and Exams
- Bible - Unit 2: Abraham Trusts and Obeys | Quiz 10/25: Unit 2 & Hebrews 11:17 (link)
- Math - Finish Chapter 2 | Test Wednesday: Chapter 2
- Science - Finish Populations & Ecosystems Unit | Test Wednesday: Populations & Ecosystems
- Social Studies [Mrs. Proulx] - Geography Unit (cont.) | Due 10/24: Island Project Final draft
- Reading - Character/setting skill in the story of Davy Crockett Saves the World (cont.)
- Writing - Introduce Dress-Ups in Booklice paragraph
- Spelling - Unit 4 core words: travel, wrote, farm, circle, whose | Tests given weekly
- Grammar - Prepositions Unit (cont.) | Quiz 10/25: Prepositions (P-Z)
- Music [Mrs. Brumley] - Quiz 10/24: Lyrics
MAP TestingFall MAP Testing continues on Wednesday. To ensure results that accurately reflect student knowledge, it is important that each student has plenty of rest, has a good breakfast, and does not have interruptions (i.e., doctor appointments) scheduled during the time of their tests. Let me know if you have any questions about the following schedule for our class:
Thursday, October 10th, 8:30-9:30am
- Wednesday, October 16th, 2:00-3:00pm
- Tuesday, October 22nd, 1:00-2:00pm
Lunch Detention reminderFor those students in my class who do not complete at least 3 assignments on time for the week, they will be given a lunch detention the following Monday. This will give them an opportunity to reflect on how to improve their responsibility and catch up on missing work.
Person of the WeekKatie Bedewi!
Other School-wide EventsVisit the News & Events page to learn more about other school-wide events at West Hills Christian School. Please subscribe to stay updated. Thanks so much!
Teacher ContactMr. Riedl | www.riedlteach.com | 503-609-0109 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs. Proulx | visit her website | 503-977-5488 | email@example.com