Thanks for reading this newsletter every week! I appreciate your readiness to start the week in-the-know! MAP testing begins on Thursday for our class, so please read the details below to be prepared.
- Oct 07 - Parent Meeting (7pm)
- Oct 17,18 - No School (Professional Development Days)
- Oct 22 - Crusader Chorale T-Shirt Day & After School Rehearsal (3:10-4:10pm)
- Oct 30 - Progress Reports emailed
- Nov 01 - Picture Retakes
- Nov 08 - Honored Guest Morning (8:30-11am)
- Nov 11 - No School (Veterans Day)
- Nov 22 - Harvest Party! (2:10-2:50pm)
- Nov 25,26 - No School (Parent/Teacher Conferences)
- Nov 27-29 - No School (Thanksgiving Break)
- [more] - click to view calendar
Curriculum and Exams
- Bible - Finish Unit 1: God's Word is True, Begin Unit 2: Abraham Trusts and Obeys | Quiz Thursday: Unit 1 | No memory verse this week
- Math - Chapter 2 (cont.)
- Science - Populations & Ecosystems Unit (cont.)
- History [Mrs. Proulx] - Geography Unit (cont.) | Due Thursday: List of 15 landforms | Due 10/24: Island Project Final draft
- Reading - Character/setting skill in the story of Davy Crockett Saves the World (cont.)
- Writing - Ideas trait in 6 Traits of Writing curriculum (cont.)
- Spelling - Unit 3 core words: energy, week, explain, lost, spring | Tests given weekly
- Grammar - Prepositions Unit (cont.) | Quiz Friday: Prepositions (D-O)
- Music [Mrs. Brumley] - Quiz 10/24: Lyrics
MAP TestingFall MAP Testing begins on Thursday. To ensure results that accurately reflect student knowledge, it is important that each student has plenty of rest, has a good breakfast, and does not have interruptions (i.e., doctor appointments) scheduled during the time of their tests. Let me know if you have any questions about the following schedule for our class:
- Thursday, October 10th, 8:30-9:30am
- Wednesday, October 16th, 2:00-3:00pm
- Tuesday, October 22nd, 1:00-2:00pm
Parent Questionnaire***About half of the class has NOT completed this yet!***
Parents, in order for me to be the best teacher I can be, I ask that I receive a little help from each of my families by filling out a Parent Questionnaire. This information is valuable to me, as I use it to better understand your child at the beginning of the school year. Please click here to complete the Parent Questionnaire as soon as you are able. It usually takes approximately 5-10 minutes to complete. Thank you!
Person of the Week ScheduleI have given all of my students a chance to choose the week they want to be honored as Person of the Week. Please view the POW schedule online, so you can plan and prepare with them. I will do my best to remind the student the week before they are scheduled, and I will also post this in our classroom. I recommend preparing well in advance so that the students aren't scrambling at the last minute to share about themselves.
Person of the WeekAshley Woody!
Other School-wide EventsVisit the News & Events page to learn more about other school-wide events at West Hills Christian School. Please subscribe to stay updated. Thanks so much!
Teacher ContactMr. Riedl | www.riedlteach.com | 503-609-0109 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs. Proulx | visit her website | 503-977-5488 | email@example.com