I will be absent on Monday, and Mrs. Habeck will be the substitute teacher for our class! Please let me know if you have any questions or comments you want me to relay to her regarding the day.
- Sep 30 - MAP Testing begins (details below)
- Oct 05 - Carnival & Book Fair (11am-3pm)
- Oct 07 - Parent Meeting (7pm)
- Oct 17,18 - No School (Professional Development Days)
- Oct 30 - Progress Reports emailed
- Nov 01 - Picture Retakes
- [more] - click to view calendar
Curriculum and Exams
- Bible - God's Word is True | Quiz Friday: Romans 15:4 (link)
- Math - Continue Chapter 2 | Quiz Friday: Chapter 2B
- Science - Continue Populations & Ecosystems Unit
- History [Mrs. Proulx] - Continue Geography Unit | Quiz Wednesday: Bodies of water | Quiz Thursday: Rivers (structures) | Due 10/3: Climate zone on rough draft
- Reading - Begin character/setting skill in the story of Davy Crockett Saves the World
- Writing - Continue the Ideas trait in 6 Traits of Writing curriculum
- Spelling - Unit 2 core words: grew, listen, ask, single, clear | Tests given weekly
- Grammar - Continue Prepositions Unit
MAP TestingFall MAP Testing begins this week, but our class isn't scheduled to begin until the following week. To ensure results that accurately reflect student knowledge, it is important that each student has plenty of rest, has a good breakfast, and does not have interruptions (i.e., doctor appointments) scheduled during the time of their tests. Let me know if you have any questions about the following schedule for our class:
- Thursday, October 10th, 8:30-9:30am
- Wednesday, October 16th, 2:00-3:00pm
- Tuesday, October 22nd, 1:00-2:00pm
Parent QuestionnaireParents, in order for me to be the best teacher I can be, I ask that I receive a little help from each of my families by filling out a Parent Questionnaire. This information is valuable to me, as I use it to better understand your child at the beginning of the school year. Please click here to complete the Parent Questionnaire as soon as you are able. It usually takes approximately 5-10 minutes to complete. Thank you!
Person of the Week ScheduleI have given all of my students a chance to choose the week they want to be honored as Person of the Week. Please view the POW schedule online, so you can plan and prepare with them. I will do my best to remind the student the week before they are scheduled, and I will also post this in our classroom. I recommend preparing well in advance so that the students aren't scrambling at the last minute to share about themselves.
Person of the WeekJoshua Andrews!
Other School-wide EventsVisit the News & Events page to learn more about other school-wide events at West Hills Christian School. Please subscribe to stay updated. Thanks so much!
Teacher ContactMr. Riedl | www.riedlteach.com | 503-609-0109 | email@example.com
Mrs. Proulx | visit her website | 503-977-5488 | firstname.lastname@example.org