We had a lot of fun presenting our class video for chapel last week! Thanks to all who watched and helped us put it together. Click here if you haven't seen it yet. We also have our first field trip this Friday! See below for details.
- Sep 24 - Chorale: Tuesday After-School Combo (3:10-4:10pm)
- Sep 27 - Field Trip: Tryon Creek State Park (9:40am-12:40pm)
- Sep 30 - MAP Testing begins (details coming soon)
- Oct 05 - Carnival & Book Fair (11am-3pm)
- Oct 07 - Parent Meeting (7pm)
- Oct 17,18 - No School (Professional Development Days)
- Oct 30 - Progress Reports emailed
- Nov 01 - Picture Retakes
- [more] - click to view calendar
Curriculum and Exams
- Bible - Begin new Bible curriculum | Quiz Friday: Romans 12:3
- Math - Continue Chapter 2
- Science - Continue Populations & Ecosystems Unit
- History [Mrs. Proulx] - Continue Geography Unit | Due 9/23: Island Shape rough draft, Due 9/25: Latitude/Longitude of Island | Quizzes this week: Continents/Oceans and Longitude/Latitudes of Significance
- Reading - Finish character/plot skill in the story of Miss Alaineous
- Writing - Begin the Ideas trait in 6 Traits of Writing curriculum
- Spelling - Finish Unit 1 | Tests given weekly
- Grammar - Continue Prepositions Unit
Field Trip Friday: Tryon Creek State ParkImportant reminder to the parents and students about the field trip on Friday! Please remember to wear clothes and shoes that are ideal for hiking in the wilderness (and prepare for the rain!). Tryon Creek State Park is a very large park with long trails, so we will likely travel a relatively long distance on foot. Wear hiking boots or tennis shoes, and depending on the weather forecast, remember your rain jacket! Additionally, we will be returning to school by lunch time, so we will not be bringing our lunches with us.
Parent QuestionnaireParents, in order for me to be the best teacher I can be, I ask that I receive a little help from each of my families by filling out a Parent Questionnaire. This information is valuable to me, as I use it to better understand your child at the beginning of the school year. Please click here to complete the Parent Questionnaire as soon as you are able. It usually takes approximately 5-10 minutes to complete. Thank you!
Person of the Week ScheduleI have given all of my students a chance to choose the week they want to be honored as Person of the Week. In the next day or so, I will post the POW schedule online, so you can plan and prepare with them. I will do my best to remind the student the week before they are scheduled, and I will also post this in our classroom. I recommend preparing well in advance so that the student isn't scrambling at the last minute to share about themselves.
Note from Mrs. Brumley about Crusader ChoraleTuesday is the last day to join Chorale!!! There will also be an after-school combo practice from 3:10-4:10pm for everyone involved. Please remember that girls have weekly practice during Tuesday lunch recess, and boys have weekly practice during Wednesday lunch recess. For more info, visit Mrs. Brumley's Music website.
Person of the WeekJoshua Staley!
Other School-wide EventsVisit the News & Events page to learn more about other school-wide events at West Hills Christian School. Please subscribe to stay updated. Thanks so much!
Teacher ContactMr. Riedl | www.riedlteach.com | 503-609-0109 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs. Proulx | visit her website | 503-977-5488 | email@example.com