It was wonderful to greet the parents at Back to School Night last Monday! Thanks to all the parents getting connected by subscribing to this website and offering to volunteer in our classroom. We started filming last week for the video we are putting together for chapel on Wednesday, and we are excited! See below for more details about the event.
- Sep 18 - Mr. Riedl's class leads chapel (8:30-9am)
- Sep 20 - No School (Professional Development Day)
- Sep 23 - MAP Testing begins (details coming soon)
- Sep 27 - Field Trip: Tryon Creek State Park (9:40am-12:40pm)
- Oct 07 - Parent Meeting (7pm)
- Oct 17,18 - No School (Professional Development Days)
- Oct 30 - Progress Reports emailed
- Nov 01 - Picture Retakes
- [more] - click to view calendar
Curriculum and Exams
- Bible - Finish video for chapel | Quiz Thursday: Romans 12:2
- Math - Continue Chapter 2 | Quiz Thursday: Chapter 2A
- Science - Continue Populations & Ecosystems Unit
- History [Mrs. Proulx] - Continue Geography Unit | Due 9/23: Island Shape rough draft
- Reading - Continue character/plot skill in the story of Miss Alaineous
- Writing - Begin the 6 Traits of Writing curriculum
- Spelling - Finish Unit 1 | Tests given weekly
- Grammar - Begin Prepositions Unit
Our class leads chapel this Wednesday!Please come to watch our performance as we lead chapel on Wednesday morning in the auditorium! We will have two performances: The first for grades 3-5 from 8:30-9:00am, and the second for grades K-2 from 9:05-9:25am. Sign in at the front desk and then come down the red stairs; there will be seats for visitors. We haven't had much time to prepare since it is so early in the school year, but our class has been working hard and will finish on Monday and Tuesday this week. We are looking forward to the final product! Hope to see you then!
Note from Mrs. Brumley about Crusader ChoraleChorale lunch rehearsals begin this week! Starting this Tuesday (the 17th), the girls come into the music room, and Wednesday the boys come in. This becomes a routine: Tuesdays for girls and Wednesdays for boys.
Person of the WeekThomas Handick!
Other School-wide EventsVisit the News & Events page to learn more about other school-wide events at West Hills Christian School. Please subscribe to stay updated. Thanks so much!
Teacher ContactMr. Riedl | www.riedlteach.com | 503-609-0109 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs. Proulx | visit her website | 503-977-5488 | email@example.com