Looking forward to visiting with the parents on Monday evening at Back to School Night! We are entering our first full week as we get settled into the school year.
- Sep 09 - Back to School Night (7-9pm)
- Sep 18 - Mr. Riedl's class leads chapel (8:30-9am)
- Sep 20 - No School (Professional Development Day)
- Sep 23 - MAP Testing begins (details to follow)
- Sep 27 - Field Trip: Tryon Creek State Park (9:40am-12:40pm)
- [more] - click to view calendar
Curriculum and Exams
- Bible - Discuss Crusader Code | Prepare to lead chapel | Quiz Friday: Romans 12:1
- Math - Begin Chapter 2
- Science - Begin Populations & Ecosystems Unit
- History [Mrs. Proulx] - Begin Geography Unit | Introduction to Island Project (more info below)
- Reading - Begin the first unit in the Treasures textbook
- Writing - Begin the 6 Traits of Writing curriculum
- Spelling - Unit 1 core words: music, buy, window, mark, heat | Tests given weekly
- Grammar - Begin Prepositions Unit
Back to School NightThis Monday night, from 7-9pm, parents (no kids) are invited to come back to the classroom and learn a little bit more about me, what we will be learning this year, how to stay involved, how to navigate my website, etc. Additionally, since our class switches rooms with Mrs. Proulx's class for History, she would love to meet you and answer any specific History questions or other general questions you might have for her. Hope to see you then!
Note from Mrs. Proulx about HistoryStudents will be given packets for the upcoming Island Project in History this week. Included in the packet will be a page with due dates, requirements, and a place for parent signatures. Please review the entire packet as a family, sign the designated page, and allow your child to return the signed section as soon as possible. All materials will be provided for the project, as well as class time given for working on the project.
Person of the WeekMr. Riedl! (he will present an example of a "POW" presentation to the class, and he will also explain to the parents on Back to School Night)
Other School-wide EventsVisit the News & Events page to learn more about other school-wide events at West Hills Christian School. Please subscribe to stay updated. Thanks so much!
Teacher ContactMr. Riedl | www.riedlteach.com | 503-609-0109 | email@example.com
Mrs. Proulx | visit her website | 503-977-5488 | firstname.lastname@example.org