Nov 19,20,21 - No School (P/T Conferences)
Nov 22,23 - No School (Thanksgiving Break)
Nov 29 - Chorale performs at Washington Square Mall (6pm)
Dec 05 - Early Pickup (1pm)
Dec 07 - Christmas Program (7pm, feat. 5th/6th Grade)
Dec 13 - Band Concert (7pm)
Dec 20 - End of 1st Trimester
Dec 21-Jan 01 - No School (Christmas Break!)
Curriculum and Tests
- Bible - Biblical Choices | Rom. 12:11-13 Quiz Friday
- Math - Reviewing Chapter 1 | Chapter 1 Test Friday
- Science - Space Unit (cont.) | Space Project due on Wednesday (5R) and Thursday (5P)
- History [Mrs. Proulx] - Mesopotamia Unit (cont.) | Chapter 1 Test Thursday | Begin Egypt Unit
- Reading - Starting practice book reports by reading "Pigsty"
- Spelling - Words: length, speed, machine, information, except | Tests weekly
- Grammar - Irregular verbs (cont.) | Irregular Verbs ('see' to 'write') Quiz Friday
- Writing - Word Choice and "Dress-ups" (cont.) | Starting writing practice book reports
Crusader Chorale Reminder
Tuesday, Nov. 13 is Crusader Chorale T-Shirt Day and After School Rehearsal at 3pm.
Conferences Next Week!
I emailed everyone the schedule for parent/teacher conferences. Out of respect of other families, please make sure you come on time so we can prevent long waits.
New Option for Organization: Accordion Folders
We handed out accordion folders to every student that wanted one! Lots of fun and excitement surrounding the new option for organizing. Just a reminder, I have offered to donate one high-quality accordion folder to each student for FREE! Please read my detailed blog post, Binders vs. Accordion Folders, for more information regarding the two methods of staying organized at school. There are still some available if your child did not receive one.
New Classroom Storage Space for Students
Because we have had so many students prematurely take home and recycle assignments that I had yet to record in my gradebook, I created a storage space in my classroom for students to put all of their graded work. In the crate on the counter adjacent to the door, each student has their own hanging folder to keep their graded assignments in. Note: This is optional. It is simply another choice for students who often lose papers at home.
All parents should have already received an email regarding the Parent Survey. Please complete this survey as soon as you can before Nov. 20, as it is important for the future of our school! Thank you.
Person of the Week: William Bradford
Mr. Riedl - 503-977-5485 - email@example.com
Mrs. Proulx - 503-977-5488 - firstname.lastname@example.org