Weekly Newsletter: Week 5 of 37
Oct 01 - Tryon Creek Field Trip (9:40am)
Oct 08 - Parent Meeting #1 (7pm)
Oct 18 - No School (Teacher Dev. Day #1)
Oct 19 - No School (Teacher Dev. Day #2)
Oct 20 - Mr. & Mrs. Riedl's 5th anniversary!
Oct 26 - Hoop-A-Thon
Nov 02 - Picture Retakes
Nov 12 - No School (Veterans Day)
Nov 19 - No School (P/T Conferences)
Nov 20 - No School (P/T Conferences)
Nov 21 - No School (P/T Conferences)
Nov 22 - No School (Thanksgiving Break)
Nov 23 - No School (Thanksgiving Break)
Nov 29 - Chorale performing at Washington Square Mall (6pm)
Curriculum and Tests
- Bible - Walk Through the Bible | Peacemakers | Romans 12:3 quiz on Friday
- Math - 2-13 and Review days | Quiz 2B on Friday
- Science - Ecosystems Unit: Water Cycle Story presentations
- History [Mrs. Proulx] - Geography Unit | Island Project climate zones due Thursday | Mountains Test on Oct.8th
- Reading - Setting/Real-World skill in Forests of the World story
- Spelling - Core words: travel, wrote, farm, circle, whose | Tests weekly
- Grammar - Finishing prepositions packet | Prepositions Test on Friday
- Writing - Finishing writing about "Ideas," commencing "Word Choice"
Tryon Creek Field Trip
Monday is our first field trip! Please click here to read the announcement post, which provides details about the field trip to Tryon Creek State Park.
If you are a parent of a student in my class, please click here as soon as you can to complete the questionnaire. This will help me to be the best teacher that I can be. Thank you!
Lunch Detentions Start This Week!
For those students in my class who do not complete at least 3 assignments on time for the week, they will be given a lunch detention the following Monday. This will give them an opportunity to reflect on how to improve their responsibility and catch up on missing work.
Please check in with them each night, asking to see their planner. If they have not filled in their homework, you can check on the site calendar and remind them to be a responsible student and use their planner! (Note: Parents do not need to initial their child's planner unless we decide the student needs the accountability)
Person of the Week: Gabi Fallon
Mr. Riedl - 503-977-5485 - firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs. Proulx - 503-977-5488 - email@example.com