Weekly Newsletter: Week 3 of 37
Sep 22 - WHCS Golf Tournament
Sep 26 - Early Release Day (1pm)
Sep 29 - School Carnival/Book Fair (11am-3pm)
Oct 01 - Tryon Creek Field Trip (time TBA)
Oct 18 - No School (Teacher Dev. Day #1)
Oct 19 - No School (Teacher Dev. Day #2)
Oct 20 - Mr. & Mrs. Riedl's 5th anniversary!
Oct 26 - Hoop-A-Thon
Curriculum and Tests
- Bible - Finishing Crusader Code and Romans 12:2 verse quiz on Friday
- Math - Continuing Chapter 2. Chapter 2A Test on Wednesday
- Science - Continuing Populations and Ecosystems
- History [Mrs. Proulx] - Geography Unit. "Seas" Test on Thursday
- Reading - Working through Character/Plot in Miss Alaineus story
- Spelling - Core words: grew, listen, ask, single, clear. Tests given weekly
- Grammar - Prepositions list to memorize; additions from last year
- Writing - Continuing the topic of "Ideas" from the Six-Traits of Writing
Crusader Chorale ***UPDATED***
Starts for 5th graders this week during lunch! Girls will meet Tuesday, and boys on Wednesday. Come check it out! We are excited to start off the merry season to God's glory! Final day to join for the Christmas session is Tuesday, Sept 25th. Upcoming after-school rehearsals: Sept 25, Oct 23, Nov 13, and Nov 27.
Tryon Creek Field Trip
Our first field trip is Monday, October 1st! There are a few spots still available for chaperones. More details to come (I'm still learning the details myself!).
Parent Information Sheet
You should have received an email from our room moms (Karen Fruehauf and Lisa Meek) regarding the Parent Information Sheet. This is an important way for us to connect with parents that are able to volunteer in some capacity for our students. Please return the sheet your child brought home by Tuesday (tomorrow!) if you haven't already. Thank you!
My students are expected to write their homework in their planners every day. If they do not have something written in their planners for a particular day, it is because they have not been fulfilling their duty as a student! Please check in with them each night, asking to see their planner.
Student of the Week: Joseph Fruehauf
Mr. Riedl - 503-977-5485 - firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs. Proulx - 503-977-5488 - email@example.com