Sep 10 - Back-to-School Night (7pm)
Sep 13 - Summer Reading Party (3-4:15pm)
Sep 22 - WHCS Golf Tournament
Sep 26 - Early Release Day (1pm)
Sep 29 - School Carnival/Book Fair (11am-3pm)
Oct 01 - Tryon Creek Field Trip (time TBA)
Oct 18 - No School (Teacher Development Day #1)
Oct 19 - No School (Teacher Development Day #2)
Oct 20 - Mr. & Mrs. Riedl's 5th anniversary!
Oct 26 - Hoop-A-Thon
Curriculum and Tests
- Bible - Reviewing Crusader Code and Romans 12:1 verse quiz on Friday
- Math - Introduction to 5th grade textbook, beginning with Chapter 2 Lessons 1-5
- Science - Populations in an Ecosystem and vocabulary
- History [Mrs. Proulx] - Geography unit. Study of hemispheres, oceans, seas, and continents. Intro to the "Island Project". Note: many geographical terms to memorize that will be tested.
- Reading - Introduction to the Treasures curriculum. Story 1: "Miss Alaineus" about Character/Plot
- Spelling - Take Home Task assignments will be coming home weekly. Core words learned this week: music, buy, window, mark, heat. Tests given weekly.
- Grammar - Reviewing prepositions, with a few additions. We will make flashcards in class.
- Writing - "Who Am I?" paragraphs, with oral presentations, and the topic of "Ideas" from the Six-Traits of Writing curriculum.
Summer Reading Party
Mrs. Reichen in the library asked us to remind parents to have their children bring in their Summer Reading Challenge forms to her as soon as possible so that students can participate in the party this Thursday. Please talk to her if you have any questions.
Student Planners (Assignment Books)
My students are expected to write their homework in their planners every day. If they do not have something written in their planners for a particular day, it is because they have not been fulfilling their duty as a student! Please check in with them each night, asking to see their planner.
Weekly Newsletters and Missing Work Lists
I will be posting Weekly Newsletters on my website on Mondays. I will send out email reminders, with a link to the post. Regarding Missing Work Lists, I will send home sheets with the students weekly for you to view.
Mr. Riedl - 503-977-5485 - email@example.com
Mrs. Proulx - 503-977-5488 - firstname.lastname@example.org